TransDEM Forum

TransDEM News, Support, Hints and Resources
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 19:59

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2018 10:22 

chrisj2110 wrote:
The problem seems to be with open topo. It happens in the Web Browser too.
OpenTopoMap is often slow and there are gaps. I understand the server has limited capabilities and they may only render the tiles where there is demand for. In my experience, when you come back often enough, the missing tiles may suddenly show up.

chrisj2110 wrote:
the URL for six Maps - http://maps.six.nsw.gov.au/
That's an easy one, a standard ArcGIS map tile service:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" ?>

<TileServer version="1.0" >
  <Provider name="Australia NSW" guid="0a9e4b40-4a7e-41c5-808e-c2040abeb88a" >
    <URL guid="2815f73c-540a-461b-a238-066bb0c9cdc0" addr="http://maps.six.nsw.gov.au" prefix="arcgis/rest/services/public/NSW_Imagery/MapServer/tile" standalone="1" >
      <Matrix order="3" prefixClm="/" prefixRow="/" prefixZoom="/" minZoom="1" maxZoom="20" />
      <Mercator origLat="90" origLon="-180" signLat="-1" signLon="1" projection="4" />
    </URL>
    <URL guid="6304568d-f295-4072-9523-fbb846bff4df" addr="http://maps.six.nsw.gov.au" prefix="arcgis/rest/services/public/NSW_Base_Map/MapServer/tile" standalone="1" type="1" >
      <Matrix order="3" prefixClm="/" prefixRow="/" prefixZoom="/" minZoom="1" maxZoom="18" />
      <Mercator origLat="90" origLon="-180" signLat="-1" signLon="1" projection="4" />
    </URL>
  </Provider>
</TileServer>
Copy the code into a text editor. Save as xml file, e.g. NSW.xml. In TransDEM, open the map tile client, go to "Settings" and click "Import" to import the file. You'll get the topographic base map and ortho photos.

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2018 11:05 

geophil wrote:
chrisj2110 wrote:
The problem seems to be with open topo. It happens in the Web Browser too.
OpenTopoMap is often slow and there are gaps. I understand the server has limited capabilities and they may only render the tiles where there is demand for. In my experience, when you come back often enough, the missing tiles may suddenly show up.

chrisj2110 wrote:
the URL for six Maps - http://maps.six.nsw.gov.au/
That's an easy one, a standard ArcGIS map tile service:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" ?>

<TileServer version="1.0" >
  <Provider name="Australia NSW" guid="0a9e4b40-4a7e-41c5-808e-c2040abeb88a" >
    <URL guid="2815f73c-540a-461b-a238-066bb0c9cdc0" addr="http://maps.six.nsw.gov.au" prefix="arcgis/rest/services/public/NSW_Imagery/MapServer/tile" standalone="1" >
      <Matrix order="3" prefixClm="/" prefixRow="/" prefixZoom="/" minZoom="1" maxZoom="20" />
    </URL>
    <URL guid="6304568d-f295-4072-9523-fbb846bff4df" addr="http://maps.six.nsw.gov.au" prefix="arcgis/rest/services/public/NSW_Base_Map/MapServer/tile" standalone="1" type="1" >
      <Matrix order="3" prefixClm="/" prefixRow="/" prefixZoom="/" minZoom="1" maxZoom="18" />
    </URL>
  </Provider>
</TileServer>
Copy the code into a text editor. Save as xml file, e.g. NSW.xml. In TransDEM, open the map tile client, go to "Settings" and click "Import" to import the file. You'll get the topographic base map and ortho photos.

Very Nice!! I thought it might be something like that.

Thanks Very Much! Roland.

I have been looking at the same places in Adelaide and Perth in Open Topo, But Still no luck in those tiles appearing!!

Im going to keep trying though.

I pasted that XML fragment into Notepad++, and wala!

Thanks a million!

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2019 09:57 

A Bit of an Update on this issue.

It seems that the NSW Government has released 1 Meter DEM for the Entire State. (Wow, I never thought I would see that coming!)

Tasmania is next to follow, and the rest of the nation, so they said.

But the NSW 1 Meter DEM I am sure of, and have downloaded it. (Well, The parts I need anyway)

I just thought this update might be of Interest to someone.

Chris.

Last edited by chrisj2110 on 25 Feb 2021 06:22, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2019 10:57 

chrisj2110 wrote:
But the NSW 1 Meter DEM I am sure of, and have downloaded it. (Well, The parts I need anyway)
Is this via ELVIS? If not, can you provide a link?

May I suggest to update the thread title, to make it sound a bit more positive? ;)

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2019 10:41 

geophil wrote:
chrisj2110 wrote:
Is this via ELVIS? If not, can you provide a link?

May I suggest to update the thread title, to make it sound a bit more positive? ;)

I think it was Elvis. Maybe not. I downloaded it all, (just in case is might vanish) I think it was a NSW specific link. I will find it again just to make sure.
There is also NSW Public Imagery, that is color rectified, and much better quality than google. Google has the high cheek to ask people to pay for this.

change title, yes, In light of this, I think a change of title would be appropriate. Go right ahead.
Something like "I thought geospatial servers in Australia were dead, But Things seem to be looking up"

I also found Queensland Topo in 1:25,000 too, I need to find the link again, Here again it is a QLD Specific site...

We should make an updated server config, for TransDEM so that people can pull these down more easy.

Chris.

Last edited by chrisj2110 on 25 Feb 2021 06:23, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2019 11:35 

chrisj2110 wrote:
We should make an updated server config, for TransDEM so that people can pull these down more easy.
Certainly. Waiting for your input to set this up.

Regarding the DEMs, more and more regional agencies are providing their own hi-res data now, thanks to LIDAR, but the sheer number of different web links becomes a real challenge. In Switzerland, even some tiny Cantons produce their own these days.

Quote:
"I thought geospatial servers in Australia were dead, But Things seem to be looking up"
Too long I'm afraid. The forum software won't accept that.