TransDEM Forum

TransDEM News, Support, Hints and Resources
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 11:23

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2018 18:49 

Here is a screenshot of my issue (link attached). In the Web Map Tile Server tool the Map image itself is "minimized" and is not occupying the entire area of the frame. Is there a way to change the area so that it is larger?

https://ibb.co/hV2Qj6

Tia for any suggestions or help.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2018 19:12 

Does this happen with all providers and tile types? At every zoom level? If not, what are the values for width and height in your API key settings for "Google Maps (key)", "Map"? ("Settings" > "Edit")

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2018 03:30 

Here is a screenshot of the settings. And yes it is the same minimized size for the other servers (tired bing/ and open street map).

https://ibb.co/ndgSE6

Thanks

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2018 09:58 

That's very strange. There is a significant difference between standard map tiles as, for instance, Open Street Map and the static APIs of Google and Microsoft Bing, when used with access keys.

Standard map tiles are always 256x256 pixels. The preview window in the Map Tile client combines four of them to create a 512x512 pixel image. With the API variant, however, we only acquire one single image for the preview, with the dimensions dined in the settings. By preset, this is 512x560 pixels for Google Maps and TransDEM will crop to 512x512.

You can verify what TransDEM acquires with the URL it composes. In the settings dialog, use the "Sample URL" group at the bottom and click on "Copy URL to clipboard". Paste this URL into your web browser and examine the dimensions of the resulting image.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2018 03:27 

Mr. Ziegler,

I really appreciate the time you are spending to help me to resolve this issue. I am no where near as technical as you are. Here is a screen shot of the image preview when I did the copy from the settings page. The image is much larger (close to what i would hope for within the frame in TransDem). The image according to the element inspection is 482pix by 482pix.

Here is a link to the screenshot for that image.

https://ibb.co/bWcpwm

I have my screen resolution set to 3840x2160. Is it possible that those settings are causing some issue?

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2018 09:21 

PHENICUS wrote:
I have my screen resolution set to 3840x2160. Is it possible that those settings are causing some issue?
That can indeed be the reason. I was almost going to ask whether a 4k display might be involved. While Windows 10 is able to enlarge many window elements, to make them look "normal" size, it seems to fail for others.

The map tile preview area in TransDEM is set to 512x512 physical pixels, and you most probably get these 512 physical pixels, while most other elements will be twice the original size on your display. I have not figured out any pattern here yet. On my tiny 10" Win 10 laptop with a higher than normal physical screen resolution, I have set the display zoom factor to 125% to make things legible. And there the preview image does fill the entire designated preview area.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2019 03:00 

It has been almost a year and i am back on here still trying to get the map image to fill the entire frame in the map tile server page.

Not sure if there are any new develpments to help resolve this issue but nothing has worked so far.

Thanks in advance for any additional information or assistnace.

Happy New Year

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2019 14:41 

What are your Win 10 scaling settings for your 4K monitor? Does it work okay at 100%?
(PC Settings -> Display -> Scale and Layout)

Anything else your Win 10 system may have set for 4K?