TransDEM Forum

TransDEM News, Support, Hints and Resources
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 15:19

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Re: Welcome
PostPosted: 09 Jun 2011 12:15 

Hello everyone;

Just found this site today. I purchased TransDem in early 2010 (I think) and have managed to dem most of the Western U.S. routes with it. I have started many that I will never finish. I just like to dem and lay track.

Started using TransDem with 2010 and managed to move the routes I started to 2012. I still consider myself a novice with trainz and TransDem, but I'm having fun with both.

Thanks geophil.... :D

Herb

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2011 12:43 

Welcome BenHerb, I too consider myself a novice, but with all of the helpful members around, you will have Transdem breakdancing for you in no time at all. :D

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2011 14:19 

Welcome to the TransDEM forum, Herb.

benherb wrote:
... and have managed to dem most of the Western U.S. routes with it. I have started many that I will never finish. I just like to dem and lay track.
This happens more often than you might think. Perhaps I should distribute TransDEM with a "Risk of Addiction" warning. ;)

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2013 12:59 

Hello, I am new here and i am glad to be a part in this forum so interesting. At the same time yesterday I purchased by paypal the program waiting to receive my routes of trainz.

Take Care

Jordi

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2014 05:36 

Hello gang, I'm back :o.

I've just upgraded to 2.5 and man things have changed since I was last here. I've finished part 1 of the L&A and now time to start part 2.

Dave

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2016 17:43 

Hello all. I'm a new TranzDEM user. The program has many options and features. It will take me quite a while to learn how to best use them, even after experiencing the tutorials.

geophil wrote:
Perhaps I should distribute TransDEM with a "Risk of Addiction" warning. ;)

[Sorry about quoting from a five year old message. :) ]

I agree. Once I was able to run a Trainz route depicting a local railroad on local TranzDEM assembled terrain, it was much too enticing to start expanding by adding more raster maps and routes to a one degree microDEM map!

I really need to practice using TranzDEM options on just one or two 7.5 minute raster maps just to learn the best ways to use TranzDEM. It is just so enticing to have a Trainz route on terrain near where I live that I have difficulty resisting the desire to fill a one degree microDEM map!

Sadly but fortunately, TranzDEM 2.6 works quite well on an older 32-bit laptop running Windows Vista on 3GB RAM with the memory allocation mod applied. My old version of Trainz (TRS2006) also works well enough also. (I have several versions of Trainz - 2004, 2006, TC1 and 2009 - but 2006 runs best on my hardware.)

Thanks to geophil for creating TranzDEM and the users of this forum for sharing their advice and experiences. My experiments are rather timid by comparison.

Edit: Please be patient with my responses, unless I login with my smartphone, it is not unusual for me to be offline for several weeks at a time. The same restrictions apply with emails.

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2016 00:57 

Gday OddRails, and good luck with your route!

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2023 12:06 

Hello all, I decided for no particular reason to recreate a route I made in the early days of trainz, probably pre 2004 !, when I used a paper OS map, some dividers and the map scale to translate it into the game using the ruler tool to layout all the track - I'm going to try it the new way now :D

I have had a try with basemapz and a home made (photoshop) grey scale displacement map but it was all together a bit poor for the surrounding scenery so I have decided to go one better - wish me luck ?

Looking forward to the challenge of getting my head around this software now ;)

Regards Andy (kemplen)