TransDEM Forum

TransDEM News, Support, Hints and Resources
It is currently 09 May 2024 13:00

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2011 18:07 

Dear Geophil

I have been thinking over this a little and I must say I would like to propose a way users of TransDEM could provide Map Tile Servers update and configuration. I have seen the program SASPlanet from sasgis.ru use .zmp files. Anyone knowing the zmp file structure could add new files, layers or other objects to the program and they have a centralized zmp file compiling, SVN and updating facility on their site. If TransDEM were to implement it your valuable time would be saved from updating the map tile configuration. The configurations would flourish and be user contributed and always up to date. What do you think of such an addition to the program? I hope I posted this in the right section.

Kind Regards
Damien

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2011 09:04 

TransDEM offers a fully featured editor and both an import and an export function for map tile settings. Exchange file format is plain text xml with a straight forward hierarchy/element/attribute structure. The only thing missing in my eyes might be a settable im-/export filter for a specific provider or tile type. But any ordinary text editor and a (very) basic understanding of xml data structures will also solve this issue.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2011 10:41 

Alright Geophil, thank you for your reply. Still I think users should be encourage a little more to contribute diverse map tiles and or servers and that the updates should go globally and to every user wishing to have them. But I understand that's not your biggest priority right now, still TransDEM users could discuss it I think.