TransDEM Forum

TransDEM News, Support, Hints and Resources
It is currently 27 Apr 2024 22:11

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2012 21:56 

Is there a place where I can get the CDP's of the color maps required to show raster maps and route tracings (polylines) in Trainz. I want to make route CDP's available to others, who may not own a copy of TransDEM but want the DEM files for a Trainz route. The color maps are required to overlay raster maps or create UTM objects.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2012 14:23 

G'day steamboateng,

That which you call "Color (sic) maps", are referred to within our 'little industry' as "Texture Sets" (for future reference). There are three such sets 'available' to the Trainz community, these being (in order of 'age'), the so-called "HOG Set", the original "TransDEM Set" and the newly 'released', so-called "Web Colors (sic) Set". All three of these, with appropriate permissions, can be downloaded from the storage area of the Victrainz web site (Victrainz being the 'group' with which I am associated), where they are 'stored' by the kind permission of their respective 'owners'. Although I am not in a position to allow access to the Victrainz storage area to non-members (except by means of a download URL link to any specific file), I obtained permission to host these files from the respective sources, simply by asking (in a most polite manner, of course). As I understand it, the "HOG" set is supposedly included in TS 2009+ as built-in content (so you may not need to contact "Wewain" in that regard). In addition, since the 'owner' of one of the other sets is the 'moderator' of this forum and the other has been known to frequent these pages at times, you may not need to actually send them any specific communiqué for the purpose (I suspect an appropriate response to this post from both of them may be forthcoming). Of course, in order to do this, you must have some 'space' available to you to store them so that they may then be accessible to the 'internet' at large, This 'space', I suspect, would need to be of a 'privately held' nature and not a 'public' storage site (such as 'mega-upload', for example - at least, it would certainly need to be if I were one of the aforementioned creators)...

Jerker {:)}