TransDEM Forum

TransDEM News, Support, Hints and Resources
It is currently 28 Apr 2024 01:57

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2011 10:01 

I am working on a US route and I would like to complete it in sections. I did a few tests in making 2 DEM's next to each other then merged them in Trainz. The problem was where the maps came together the terrain did not line up. What am I doing wrong?

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2011 17:06 

As long as the two route modules reside in the same UTM zone, seamless merge should be possible. TransDEM maintains a static mapping between UTM coordinates (its internal geo coordinate system) and Trainz baseboard edges. Even if your two modules accidentally overlap, you do not have to recreate the new module. Simply delete excess baseboards in Surveyor.

You can also fine-tune the export of individual modules. For each export, TransDEM creates a text info file. This file lists the corner coordinates of the module. When exporting the next module, adjust the adjacent border of this module to the border of the previous module. Use the controls at the top of the TransDEM Trainz export dialogue.

Example: The *info.txt file for a particular module says: "UTM Northeast Corner Easting = 372560". The next module shall join to the East. So, for this next module, the western border must be 372560, too, to avoid overlapping or gaps. (Coordinates will always be multiples of 720, due to the static mapping.)

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2011 05:43 

Thank you, after a few tries I got it. It looks great!

Dave