TransDEM Forum

TransDEM News, Support, Hints and Resources
It is currently 27 Apr 2024 19:45

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2011 14:42 

Hi Everyone,

I'll be getting a new computer and a much much better video card soon. I have been working on a transDEM created route for some time now and when I made the route with transDEM, I had no choice but to export the tiles under the lower settings. Now that I will be getting a much more powerful system and video card, I was wondering if it is possible to reexport the tiles again, but at higher resolutions. Can this be done even though I've altered the terrain of the route? If so, how would I go about it?

8)

Gisa ^^

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2011 10:49 

It might be possible but I have never tested it.

Theoretically:

In Trainz Content Manager, open the route for edit.

In TransDEM, recreate all the UTM tiles, setting the mode to "overwrite, keep KUID".

However, I am not sure at the moment which criterion TransDEM uses to find out whether a tile exists or not. It could be the entry in the .obs file, it could be the tile object in the edit folder, it could be both. If it is the object in the folder itself, then you would also need to "Open for edit" all UTM tiles affected and move them below the "scenery" folder for TransDEM.

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2011 11:21 

Thanks for your quick reply Dr. Ziegler. I won't be getting this computer for another month, but I will test this out then.

If anyone else takes a stab at this in the meantime and gets negative or positive results, please let us know. I am sure others will ask this question in the future as well.

8)

Gisa ^^