TransDEM Forum

TransDEM News, Support, Hints and Resources
It is currently 27 Apr 2024 07:50

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: error message?
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2023 22:06 

i have not worked with transdem for a few years and i was trying to export a route and got
errors writing file
map file export
color to texture mapping failed
no colour/texture assignments found

i have dems open i have geo ref raster map open i have margin with mask on? what did i miss im getting old i went through the tutorials again and im just missing it

i think i figure it out the path for the textures in the export window was pointing to default and i changed to a new drive i bought just for transdem and trains22

Post subject: Re: error message?
PostPosted: 25 Dec 2023 10:08 

I had to look this up in the source code. As long as you use the default ground textures, no "mapping.txt" is needed (it's hard coded). If you check the box "Custom colour textures" in the Trainz ground export dialog, then the path must point to a valid mapping.text file, e.g. if you use the 128 orthoimage colour set. It looks like the exporter is looking for such a file and can't find it.

If that box is currently checked, uncheck it.

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2023 12:59 

thanks and im not getting how to reuse a named maks for raster maps i tried using servers but the detail isnt good enough so i went back to downloading geopdf and i have to crop all of the borders last time i used it cropped them all individualy now i see there is a wat to save mask by name i did now i cant find how to apply it thank you
and 5 min later i found it lol manage named masks highlight and hit ok
and now after i crop the option to save isnt lit up arg and the geopdf's are from usgs i belive i used them last time i used transdem dont know why its not giving me the option to save raster map or geo raster map

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2023 10:29 

The USGS GeoPDFs usually come with a so-called "neatline" which serves as a mask to separate the map content from the margin. TransDEM should recognize this neatline and apply it automatically when processing the map.

Other GeoPDF map sources may not come with this embedded neatline and you will have to set this mask yourself. It cannot be saved, though, and will always start with a rectangle. "Named masks" in TransDEM are restricted to georeferenced content in the main window.

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2023 13:10 

so what am i missing i know i used these maps before every time i try to open another map i closes the one thats open so i cant combine them into the area i want?

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2023 13:18 

You need to open the georeferenced maps (*.trf), not the original ones. With the georeferenced maps, you can open a whole lot of those.

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2023 14:29 

ok so when i open the geopdf maps in transdem it saves them as tif?

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2023 14:35 

Not .tif but .trf (+ .png).

You need to convert them to the internal TransDEM format, "Convert to UTM", then save.

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2023 14:37 

sorry i knew this before im getting old thanks