TransDEM Forum

TransDEM News, Support, Hints and Resources
It is currently 27 Apr 2024 14:40

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2024 11:37 

So currently, the UTMs seem to show at a borderline acceptable resolution. But I'm perplexed as to how to save the route with the UTMs and polylines with nothing else. There is no OSM data within the route whatsoever right now.

It literally took around 30 hours (give or take a few) to generate these tiles. Around an hour per km. So I'd prefer not to lose them. How does one save them?

And there looks to be a 400 metre gap in the coverage. No idea what caused it. How do I address it without consuming another 30 hours to generate the UTMs? It's right near the beginning, where a large yard was once placed, with relics still in place today.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2024 15:14 

The map tiles you download are saved to the folder you specified. If along a path the individual tile file names are also combined in a group file .lgb. Open the .lgb file to reopen all the tiles of that session.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2024 06:37 

I don't recall how to create an .lgb file to begin with to be honest.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2024 12:16 

Sorry, I didn't commit my earlier reply here and it got lost.

.lgb file creation is mostly automatic. Each invocation of the WMS and Map Tile clients to gather images along a path will create such an .lgb file, even if the process terminates prematurely. It will contain the .trf file name of all map clippings obtained for this call.

If georeferenced maps are loaded in the TransDEM main window and you add another one, the "Save georeferenced raster map" tool button and command will become enabled. If you click it, it will save an .lgb file, not an individual map. The file save dialog will indicate this.

The .lgb file itself is a simple text file. You can modify it with any text editor.