TransDEM Forum

TransDEM News, Support, Hints and Resources
It is currently 27 Apr 2024 16:39

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 05 May 2023 16:54 

Hi all,

Trying to use drop down Raster Map/ Map Tile server tabs. When I enter Open street map with the map type I get a black screen with all zeroes for latitude and longitude. If I manually try to enter some coordinates I get the message "Follow-up error getting map.". My web security program is turned off. It worked fine up until yesterday but started to have that problem then after using it to set up a route for Trainz Plus.Any help appreciated.

Dan

PostPosted: 05 May 2023 17:44 

Does Open Street Map work from your internet browser? If so, double check again that your selection in the TransDEM map tile client is correct and you really are using Open Street Map as the provider. And you haven't modified any settings for OSM?

Open Street Map also reserves the right to temporarily block an IP address for excessive usage of the tile server, but I never experienced that.

PostPosted: 05 May 2023 19:25 

yes to both. Don't understand what happened I even reinstalled Transdem and still have the problem. It is the same on all the other maps google, usa topo, etc They all come up with a black screen

It shouldn't be a license problem. Shows my name and the date in 2021 that I purchased Transdem.

PostPosted: 05 May 2023 20:25 

dak4482 wrote:
It is the same on all the other maps google, usa topo, etc They all come up with a black screen.
In that case it seems that TransDEM can no longer access the internet. Is there any firewall in between or so-called "parental control" which may have changed permissions?

PostPosted: 06 May 2023 04:35 

I turned off everything I can think of completely. Nothing in any antivirus setup changed just before it stopped working.

PostPosted: 06 May 2023 04:51 

Well I finally figured it out. I happened to look at the map tile settings and clicked on "proxy". I have NEVER used a proxy server , but there was a bunch of garbage letters there and when I removed them the open street server popped right up. I have no idea how those changes got made to proxy., but i got lucky . Thx for all your help and patience.
Dan

ONE OTHER QUESTION: I have an API for open street transport but have no idea how to use it. Is there a step by step tutorial on how you use the api to get access to the open street transport map server on transdem?

PostPosted: 06 May 2023 12:51 

You could check the Windows "Event Viewer", "Windows Logs", if there is anything from TransDEM in "Application", "Security" or "System".