TransDEM Forum

TransDEM News, Support, Hints and Resources
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 17:32

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2022 15:45 

Hello everybody,

I created my TransDEM generated map of my tram-train route in 2012 - started building in Trainz version 2010. Bought TS12 and imported my route in TS12 - continued my building. Bought Trainz Tane - imported my route in Tane - and continued building. Upgraded version Tane with SP1 to SP4. Bought TRS19 platinum version and imported my route in TRS19 and continued building.

Now the question.

Does the Trainz version have an influence on the Transdem generated map ( created in 2012 )?

If not, would it be possible to change the elevation height of my entire route ( now within TRS19)?

Kind regards

Kurt

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2022 17:09 

Quote:
Does the Trainz version have an influence on the Transdem generated map ( created in 2012 )?
Yes. TransDEM exports adjust to subtle and and more prominent changes in the Trainz route file formats up to T:ANE SP1. The most obvious was lighting which lost backward compatibility with T:ANE.

Quote:
If not, would it be possible to change the elevation height of my entire route ( now within TRS19)?
No, not possible I'm afraid. That's because of the new per-baseboard route file formats, starting with T:ANE SP2, which I never managed to fully analyse.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2022 17:55 

geophil wrote:
Quote:
Yes. TransDEM exports adjust to subtle and and more prominent changes in the Trainz route file formats up to T:ANE SP1. The most obvious was lighting which lost backward compatibility with T:ANE.

Quote:
No, not possible I'm afraid. That's because of the new per-baseboard route file formats, starting with T:ANE SP2, which I never managed to fully analyse.

Hello Roland,

Thank you for your reply. :)

Then I have only one option left. I will have to use the Trainz tools to change the height of the baseboards.

Kind regards

Kurt