TransDEM Forum

TransDEM News, Support, Hints and Resources
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 10:46

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2021 00:08 

I purchased TransDEM version 2.5.1.0 many years ago. The textures were working until the last update of TRS19. Six of the 20 TransDEM textures have a status of "Packaged, Payware (not active)". All the others work correctly. I cannot delete these problem textures nor replace them. When I try to "Delete all missing assets" in TSR19, I get a message that these 6 textures, I get a message such as:

; <kuid2:126773:21016:5> : Loading asset <kuid2:126773:21016:5>
- <kuid2:126773:21016:5> : TADGetSpecFromAsset> asset <kuid2:126773:21016:5> is not compatible with this version of Trainz
; <kuid2:126773:21016:5> : AssetIndexRec::DebugLogCompatibility> asset is payware and not authorised

The TransDEM program is installed on a Windows ver. 7 computer on which I downloaded the topo for my railroad using TANE. When I upgraded to TSR19, I moved to a Windows 10 game computer. Until this last TSR19 upgrade, everything was working correctly.

Any ideas on how to solve this problem?

Didrik

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2021 11:58 

This seems to be the well known flaw in the Trainz built-in assets distribution since many years. It probably had to do with a user-created route based on TransDEM that was submitted to Auran/N3V. That route apparently didn't have all TransDEM textures removed when published. So, the way linked assets are handled in the publishing process, the TransDEM texture residue became part of the publication and ended up as built-in assets, too. And in the wake of that it still confuses unsuspicious TransDEM users.

In any case, with TRS2019 you should use version 7 of the textures. Version 6 may also work, but 5 now violates some of the newer rules put in place by TRS2019. While technically fit, TRS2019 doesn't accept all constant normals for a texture. The latest texture versions handle this, particularly version 7, which goes a step further and supports PBR.

While you may not be able to install the version 5 pack any longer on TRS2019 latest SP, installing the newer textures should overwrite the problematic built-in version 5 orphans.

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2021 16:31 

Thank you for that explanation. I am the one who created the route. I thought I had replaced all the TransDEM textures, but, apparently not. I will find version 7 of the textures and install.

Didrik

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2021 16:59 

OK, how do I find version 7 of the textures? Do I need to update my version of TransDEM in order to get them? I already have the topography I need for my route. I would like to install version 7 of the textures, then delete them and have TRS19 "remove all missing assets".

What is interesting about the latest version of TSR19 is: I can find the TransDEM textures in Content Manager, but if they have a Status of "Packaged...", I can not delete them. If they have a Status of "Modified", I can delete them.

Didrik

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2021 14:38 

davoss wrote:
Do I need to update my version of TransDEM in order to get them?
I don't have a separate installer for them. They are part of the TransDEM 2.6 kit.
Quote:
I would like to install version 7 of the textures, then delete them and have TRS19 "remove all missing assets".
That should work I'd think. Ideally, if you paint over the TransDEM textures in Surveyor with proper textures, the TransDEM textures should disappear from the dependency list. However, in practice, due to the partial transparency of the texture painting function, you easily end up with some left-overs. So, the brutal way will be safer.