TransDEM Forum

TransDEM News, Support, Hints and Resources
It is currently 28 Apr 2024 00:32

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2021 06:03 

It's been a long time since I looked at the Transdem map making process. Way back when I was using TS2012, I bought Transdem 2.5. I successfully made two maps...or at least I thought they were successful. One I've been working on for many years with no problems. The second map I drug out of storage as I was thinking of a new project. The second map was huge, so installed it in Tane and removed about half the boards on the route as they were no longer needed for what my project was about. When I opened up the folder in the content manager, I seen this mess...
https://i.postimg.cc/wMmtSKGY/Screenshot-2021-02-06-23-45-09.png

Something tells me that this is not how these file are supposed to be. The other Transdem route doesn't have this many files. There is about 190 extra ground files in the route files. Has a step been missed? Is there a way to fix this? I haven't opened up Transdem in years so all my knowledge of the program is basically all gone.

I understand the Transdem 2.5 is for TS2012. I don't even use TS2012 any longer. I use Tane or TRS2019.

Any thoughts on this?

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2021 13:28 

Trainz introduced a drastic new concept for route files with T:ANE SP2. Most of the route file categories are now per baseboard, no longer per route. TransDEM cannot yet read these new files, so re-import into TransDEM from T:ANE SP2+ and TS2019 is not currently possible. However, export form TransDEM to Trainz, including TS2019, works fine.

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2021 20:01 

I want to make sure I understand this correctly. That while this map works properly in Trainz, the only way to remove the massive file count is to make a new map? Also, if I make a new map, I'm able to use Transdem 2.5 for Tane or TRS2019?

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2021 20:41 

No, the massive amount of files is the new concept. You'll get one each of the three or four types for every single baseboard in your route. You'll always end up with this huge number of files, once the route has been modified by Trainz Surveyor the first time. A Trainz feature, not a bug.

You can still use TransDEM 2.5 for the newer versions of Trainz. But I would suggest to upgrade to 2.6 which not only fixes a few things like diurnal settings but also supports a lot more geo data sources.

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2021 21:48 

Ok, thanks. I can't help but wonder why this did not effect my other map? I believe both maps were made at roughly the same time.

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2021 21:52 

Ok cancel that. I just looked and both maps do have all those files! Ok...I'll shut up now. Thanks for your help.