TransDEM Forum

TransDEM News, Support, Hints and Resources
It is currently 27 Apr 2024 21:42

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2020 09:08 

Seane2c wrote:
So here is one more question as I haven't seen it in TransDem. I know you can cut out (clip) DEM, can you do the same for areas of detail such as a yard that you want a UTM to show up?
Basically, yes. Set the grid raster to 1000 m in the View menu, as the UTM tiles conform to the UTM coordinate grid ( :) ). Set and adjust the mask to encompass entire tiles. Load some topo maps as a background if your ortho-images do not cover the entire area. Otherwise these bits will turn out black.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2020 17:28 

Sounds like a plan.

I built another version of the route with ground textures of Level 15 Open Street Maps, and then adding in Level 19 Bing Ortho UTM's. I haven't imported the route into Trainz yet as I have a bit of UTM creation to do first.

I'm at work now, so I'll see how this looks tonight.

Thanks

Sean

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2020 12:42 

I decided to go with the Level 15 OSM for baseboards, and add 3 wide UTM to route on level 19 Bing Orthos.

I got an answer pretty quick in adding in Lake Ontario near the tracks. As I dug down deeper to allow for the lake water to show up (as DEM here is usually the last surface value of land. The UTM's started to show up. I believe I can delete some of the UTM's that are black at least manually. Until then they are a great aid in adding scenery.

Should of stuck with my original plan of doing segments and merging, but I wanted to establish a mainline quicker.

Thanks for all the help. It's starting to look good.

Sean