TransDEM Forum

TransDEM News, Support, Hints and Resources
It is currently 29 Mar 2024 11:23

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2019 15:42 

Hi Roland,

I have this week followed your tutorials for Trainz to refresh my memory after a few years away from the scene. For me, everything works as intended on TRS 2019. Baseboards exported/created, textures, UTMs and routes successfully exported. However I have an issue with repairing the WO or even recognising TRS 2019 routes if they have in anyway been edited in Surveyor. I get the following error message - Inconsistent file names and/or missing files for one or more map folders. These maps will not be available in the selection list. -

After doing some testing I noticed that after editing a route in Surveyor a number of files get added to the route. In my example I added just one scenery item (a house), and the file count in explorer increased from 10 items to 22 items.

This is my testing so far:
1. Create route, Import using Content Manager, Open for edit. Result - TransDEM OK can read route files.
2. Create route, Import using Content Manager, load into Surveyor, no edits. Result - TransDEM OK can read route files.
3. Create route, Import using Content Manager, load into Surveyor, added some track. Result - TransDEM not OK.

Thinking it might be a problem with procedural track I tried again. Same process, new route etc. This time I added just one scenery item and saved route. TransDEM can no longer edit the route. Obviously a different data structure.

I can't find anything on the forum about this so posting here and hoping you can add it to your to do list.

John

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2019 17:10 

Hi John,

it's all down to the route file format changes starting with T:ANE SP2. As TransDEM cannot currently read the new formats, it cannot execute any of the functions that depend on reading a route, like fixing the World Origin.

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2019 20:48 

Ok thank you Roland. I haven't looked at TANE in a long time and never got around to SP2 so didn't know. Will keep working with TRS19 and TransDEM. Will stay away from merging routes for now.

Thank you