TransDEM Forum

TransDEM News, Support, Hints and Resources
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 11:24

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: TransDEM has ransomware?
PostPosted: 26 Sep 2017 23:10 

Yesterday, I tried to use TransDEM 2.6.2 but I got a warning from Malwarebytes that TransDEM has Malware.Ransom.Agent.Generic Ransomware. I hope that this is not true. I tried to search the Internet for anything between TransDEM and Malwarebytes but I couldn't find anything. Please help me fix the problem.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2017 08:40 

If you have the suspicion your machine or some of the applications installed is/are infected by malware I suggest to first run another malware detector, e.g. Windows Defender, which comes with the Windows operating system since version 8 and is also available free-of-charge for Win 7. If other malware detection tools confirm the infection, you can try to remove the infection. Re-installing infected programs will normally not help as long as the malware remains active on your system. The malware may and most probably will again conquer harmless software and turn it into malicious code. So, the final solution might be to wipe your machine and install operating system and application software afresh.

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2017 01:44 

I stopped and removed Malwarebytes from my computer, rebooted my computer, and ran Windows Defender which reported no threats. I installed and ran TransDEM, and it worked. How can I replace low-resolution UTM tiles with high-resolution UTM tiles?

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2017 08:40 

jeffmorris wrote:
How can I replace low-resolution UTM tiles with high-resolution UTM tiles?
In the UTM Tile export dialog set "Max texture size" to 4096 px. Replacing existing tiles can be achieved automatically, if you just create them anew, with the higher texture resolution. However, this is a heuristic algorithm and sometimes may not succeed. Also, with T:ANE SP2, this will only work for a route not yet imported by Content Manager and edited in Trainz Surveyor, as current TransDEM 2.6.* cannot read back a native T:ANE SP2 route.