TransDEM Forum

TransDEM News, Support, Hints and Resources
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 18:18

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2017 16:16 

I'm very rusty with TransDem having not used it in over two years but this error message is a new one on me.
I have reached the stage of importing my route into TANE, the first step completes with no errors, the second stage "creates UTM tile objects and adds them to map" results in an error message after a few seconds - Errors writing file "[UTM Overlay Objects]" Error copying "corpus.tga":2
I can find no reference to "corpus.tga" in any of the obvious places (transDem folders, Tane editing & scenery folders etc).
Has anyone encountered this error? I would welcome any help on this one
Thanks
Keith

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2017 17:46 

This topic seems to deal with the same problem. That thread links to a topic on the Auran forums. This is what geophil writes there:

Quote:
Error message "Error copying corpus.tga: 2"

This has been reported by users who had a previous version of TransDEM running and now installed the 64bit variant of version 2.5.

The file corpus.tga is new in TransDEM 2.5. It resides in the UTM03 subfolder. The personal settings probably still point to the UTM03 subfolder of the original 32bit installation.

Change the settings: TransDEM main menu -> Options | Settings | Trainz Global Export Parameters | Source Folder for Template "UTM03" object.

If you installed the 64bit variant to the default location, the parameter should read:
C:\Program Files\Ziegler-Tools\UTM03

And currently it probably still says:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ziegler-Tools\UTM03
which was the 32bit location.

You can also copy corpus.tga to the old location or install the 32bit variant as well, but adjusting the settings is the preferred option.

As 3D and 2D UTM tiles are closely related, TransDEM shares some of their resources, but unfortunately I did not anticipate this particular effect.

Maybe it will help you solve the problem.