TransDEM Forum

TransDEM News, Support, Hints and Resources
It is currently 28 Apr 2024 22:27

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2011 22:19 

In Trainz 2010, I see a black line between the UTM tiles I've imported from Transdem (see URL, below). I'm using 4096 KB textures in JPG format. Is there a way to make the black line disappear (for a more seamless look)?

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee41/pwelka/Seam.jpg

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2011 05:55 

G'day Kookaburra,

In my experience, that which you are seeing there is a consequence of the two adjacent UTM tiles not being at EXACTLY the same height, the 'black line' being a small portion of the edge of the higher one being visible above the lower one (UTM tiles actually have a depth, although I'm not sure exactly how much this is). I don't think it is possible to get them to exactly the same height, although that may be possible with the Trainz height adjustment facility but if it can't, the minor discrepancy can basically be ignored...

Jerker {:)}

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2011 20:08 

Jerker wrote:
G'day Kookaburra,

In my experience, that which you are seeing there is a consequence of the two adjacent UTM tiles not being at EXACTLY the same height, the 'black line' being a small portion of the edge of the higher one being visible above the lower one (UTM tiles actually have a depth, although I'm not sure exactly how much this is). I don't think it is possible to get them to exactly the same height, although that may be possible with the Trainz height adjustment facility but if it can't, the minor discrepancy can basically be ignored...

Jerker {:)}

Thanks Jerker. Indeed, the elevations of the two tiles are slightly different. I've found it impossible to get them exactly the same, even holding Shift or Control while adjusting their heights in Surveyor. I wonder if there is a brute force method, i.e. a file someplace in Trainz that I can edit to make their heights the same...

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2011 09:19 

UTM tiles are totally flat, terrain usually is not (apart from the Nullarbor). Therefore there is no perfect vertical position for a UTM tile. It should be raised or lowered depending on the current building site.