TransDEM Forum

TransDEM News, Support, Hints and Resources
It is currently 16 Apr 2024 16:21

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Map Tiles Services
PostPosted: 28 Dec 2016 00:52 

I am creating my own route for Trainz with TransDEM and Google Earth, using “How to use Google Earth and TransDEM to create routes for Trainz“. I am stuck at “Setup for Map Tiles Services”. It says to use the “TransDEM Program PDF File”. But I can’t find it. Anyone know where I can get the information? Thanks funnnyfarm

Post subject: Re: Map Tiles Services
PostPosted: 28 Dec 2016 11:50 

The pdf files are the manual files. There are two of them, the main manual for all the geo data related things and the Trainz manual for the Trainz-specific tasks in TransDEM.

The easiest way to open the manuals is from the TransDEM main window, either via the menu and the Trainz and Help categories, the question mark symbols in the toolbars or via shortcut keys [F1] and [Shift]+[F1].

The Map Tile Services are explained in the TransDEM main manual. The best place to start is tutorial #7, from page 143. It tells you how to install the preconfigured settings. They come as an xml file, packed into a zip archive. You should have received a copy with your TransDEM delivery email. The latest version can also be found on my web page. The tutorial in the manual has a direct link.

Post subject: Re: Map Tiles Services
PostPosted: 28 Dec 2016 16:31 

Thank you.. funnnyfarm