TransDEM Forum

TransDEM News, Support, Hints and Resources
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 12:19

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: UTM File Question
PostPosted: 31 May 2016 10:25 

Hello All,

I've searched the forums for an answer to my query before posting, but have found nothing that addresses my concerns. I am working on a route where I employed 3D UTM tiles in the original incarnation/export using TransDEM. I was using OSM, but found that using GE at a higher zoom setting was much closer to my needs. My question is, how do I replace these old UTM tiles with the new ones from GE? I am in the scenery phase of my route, as all track work has been completed, and I've learned that TS12 does not allow you to merge routes that contain overlap, so that option is out. Since this route is about 130 miles of track and scenery, I want to avoid having to start completely from scratch. When I open the route for edit in Content Manager, I don't see how I add UTM tiles that'll replace the old ones.

Sorry for the rambling! Hopefully, someone can help!

Post subject: Re: UTM File Question
PostPosted: 31 May 2016 11:19 

TransDEM will handle it.

Open the route for editing in Trainz Content Manager. Generate the new UTM tiles in TransDEM. The defaults for KUID usage in the UTM tile dialog should be OK. TransDEM may or may not reuse the KUID, i.e. it may leave the reference in the route intact or it may alter it. Therefore, it needs access to the route. In any case it will create new UTM tiles. Again, it may or may not reuse the existing KUID but will always recreate the asset behind it and apply the new texture.

After TransDEM is done, commit the route in Trainz Content Manager again and install all the new UTM tiles. When doing that in Content Manager, let the new UTM tiles replace existing KUIDs.

Quote:
and I've learned that TS12 does not allow you to merge routes that contain overlap,
That will never work. You have to remove overlapping baseboards before you can merge, in any version of Trainz. Best way is to avoid overlapping in the first place, by precisely setting the export mask when creating the route module in TransDEM.