TransDEM Forum

TransDEM News, Support, Hints and Resources
It is currently 29 Mar 2024 17:00

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2016 13:26 

Hello Roland,
I exported a route from TS12 to TANE and noticed all the UTM tiles had a 'washed out' texture (almost white with just a hint of colour).
I then exported the original Transdem route into TANE and the UTM tiles were perfect.
I now have a 'washed out' route with extensive track, and a new textured route with no track.
Now, I cannot merge the two routes because they overlap, so I placed the new route adjacent to the original route. I then deleted the old UTM tiles and replaced them manually with the new UTM tiles. (There were only 36 tiles and it was an interesting exercise)
The new combined route looks and behaves well in surveyor and session but there might be a problem with the world origin.
I've opened the route for edit (clean common folder) and created some orthophoto UTM tiles in Transdem, but when I try to export these tiles I get the following error message. (UTM overlay objects) Invalid world origin location.
Could you please explain what is happening here and can it be fixed. Thanks

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2016 14:16 

Without a valid World Origin (in the eyes of TransDEM) TransDEM won't add or replace UTM tiles (and vector data) to/in an existing route.

When merging two routes, the World Origin will be messed up in Surveyor. This is an error in Trainz since I started with it in 2005. Therefore TransDEM has a dedicated function to restore the World Origin in a merged route.

Unfortunately, there is an additional bug in T:ANE that resets the World Origin to the region default when you save the route. N3V says they fixed it but that wasn't really the case. Let's hope the next hotfix will solve it.

If you are using TransDEM 2.6 and still have the TransDEM info file originally created for that route and present in the route folder, TransDEM may be able to restore the World Origin from that file. At least it will try.

If unsuccessful or the file is lost, you can still restore the World Origin from scratch. It's a bit more work but doable. See here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=427