TransDEM Forum

TransDEM News, Support, Hints and Resources
It is currently 15 Jun 2024 23:40

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Map Tile Server settings
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2011 10:41 

Ive read and re-read the manual a few times now regarding Map Tile Server settings, but cant seem to find the information I need. :?

When I open a set of merged DEMs and a simple rail vector route, I click 'Raster Map' -> 'Map Tile Servers'. However, the window shows a black screen, with the Provider box empty. I click 'Settings...', then 'Add Provider'. I give it a name and set the type. This is where I get lost...

In the 'URL Composition' window, the fields are empty and I have no clue what information to enter in here- to be able to use Google Maps, etc. I websearched "Map Tile Server Provider", but didnt come up with any relevant information.

Any help would be appreciated!! :)

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2011 11:30 

Entering Map Tile server configuration data manually is not for the faint of heart. ;) However, you normally don't have to do this. Have a look at the mail attachment that you received with the download and license information. It contains sample configurations (also available on my main web site). For detailed instructions how to use it, refer to Tutorial 7, Map Tile Services, on page 130 in the TransDEM main manual.

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2011 01:18 

G'day novaflyer,

When you opened the Tile Map Server Dialogue box and looked at the 'empty' text list box, did you, at all, consider clicking on the "down arrow" beside the box to expose the options available as defaults for the box? If you had done so, you would have found some 5 'servers' to choose from, your selection from which would automatically be placed inside the box and the appropriate 'action' then taken by the Tile Map Server Dialogue Box to 'open' the appropriate connections to that server...

...although, as geophil notes, it is not for the 'faint of heart', there is absolutely no need to manually open the 'settings' dialogue box under the circumstances...

Jerker {:)}

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2011 05:28 

Well Jerker,

I've used the drop down arrow and I don't have anything in that box to choose from. It's completely empty.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2011 06:09 

http://transdem.de/download/public/misc/TransDEM%20Sample%20Settings.zip

and import them respectively into each using the dialog box.

Web mapping service is right on the front at top right

Tile server you click settings them import...

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2011 15:30 

Thanks.

I'll give it a shot later today. Did I miss something though? Jerker's post leads one to believe there should be default settings available or 5 servers to choose from.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2011 16:02 

"Tutorial 7: Map Tile Services" on page 130 in the TransDEM main manual provides illustrated step-by-step instructions how to import the configuration data.

The file pointed to by mrscsi can also be found as an attachment to my TransDEM delivery mail.

Once you have imported the data you will have the 5 aforementioned servers available.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2011 04:15 

geophil wrote:
"Tutorial 7: Map Tile Services" on page 130 in the TransDEM main manual provides illustrated step-by-step instructions how to import the configuration data.

The file pointed to by mrscsi can also be found as an attachment to my TransDEM delivery mail.

Once you have imported the data you will have the 5 aforementioned servers available.

Thanks Phil.

I now have the data imported and the Map Tile client seems to be working now. I'll play around with it some tonight for a short bit as it is getting late here. I'm looking forward to diving in again this weekend. I'm hopping to have a map created in surveyor over the weekend. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Take care.

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2011 16:22 

Hi.

It's been a while since I used TransDEM but I'm back into it now and I've upgraded as per the recent e-mail, to 2.2.0.1. I got all the WMS sample settings across but if I try to access OS or Streetmap in the UK section I get the error advising me of a script error that reads as follows.
Line: 28
Char: 1
Error: '_SM_mapFixed' is undefined
Code: 0
URL: about:blank

If I click yes to continue running the script I get a further error as follows.
Line: 560
Error: '_gat' is undefined
URL: about:blank

then
Line: 1
Error: Syntax error
URL: about:/SMJ_Obso.js

At this point, a browser window opens for the WMS but it doesn't display anything apart from text. Have I imported the example settings incorrectly? The Map Tile Server option works fine.

Thanks,
Innis

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2011 10:01 

Hi Innis,

I am afraid I need a few more details. Are you trying the WMS or the Map Tile client in TransDEM? Which provider? And at which step/command exactly do things go wrong?