TransDEM Forum

TransDEM News, Support, Hints and Resources
It is currently 09 May 2024 06:25

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Adding utm tiles on tane
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2016 04:44 

Hi roland. Can you explain the step by step on how to add utm tiles on a route that's in tane already and been worked on? tnx .

http://prnt.sc/a770v4 This is what i get when i just open the route for edit then add the tiles to the route thats open for edit.

When adding the utm tiles to the route is it suppose to place them automatic to the route or do i have to manually place the utm tiles from the object mode?

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2016 13:16 

Can you explain the background? What exactly were you trying to do? Which version of TransDEM? 2D or 3D UTM tiles (or legacy UTM tiles w/o an anchor in the route)?

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2016 04:12 

I created a route with transdem 2.6.1. I used 2d tiles and map tiles from open maps. After I made the route I decided to add more utm tiles to expand the route. I open the route first to edit. Then i went to create the utm tiles from open street map went to the trainz utm box pick the route name on the list and exported to tane. I added the cdp to tane then I committed the route. When i went to check the route the added utm tiles were not showing up on the route. I had to go to the object section and add the utm tiles manually.

PostPosted: 29 Feb 2016 10:16 

Thanks for explaining what you did. I hope this will help to track down the issue.
casanova419 wrote:
When i went to check the route the added utm tiles were not showing up on the route.
Since the tile export in TransDEM appears to have gone smoothly and you were able to add the tiles manually in Surveyor, this may be an indicator that you added the tiles to the wrong route.

casanova419 wrote:
went to the trainz utm box pick the route name on the list
There is a pitfall here. It's the name of the route as generated by CM. T:ANE CM will add a prefix to the route name, a text form of the KUID as I recall. If you still have the original route in the common folder, the one that was created by TransDEM in the first place, you may have picked that one and added the tiles there. But that would have been ad different one to the one opened for edit by T:ANE CM.

In any case, if a route with the same name already exists in the common folder, CM creates a new totally cryptic name for the "opened for edit" route, just a bunch of letters and digits. To avoid confusion, I always recommend to clean-up the common folder, before opening any route for editing.

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2016 18:01 

I did delete all folders in the common folder before i open the route for edit. I use the editing folder in Tane for the export from transdem to Tane. Once I import from the folder to tane I delete the route folder and scenery folder. Then I go back to utm object to create more tiles. When i open the route list on the utm object page I see the original name not the cryptic name. So then i pick the original add the tiles then commit.

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2016 19:28 

That's all correct apart from the route name. Assume the original name, as created by TransDEM, was "Muengsten".

Then, in T:ANE, when you open the route for editing with CM, the new name will be something like this: "kuid <userid> <objid> Muengsten", with <userid> and <objid> placeholders for your numbers, e.g. "kuid 126773 100009 Muengsten". T:ANE CM will only assign a cryptic name, if "kuid ... Muengsten" already exists.