version 2.6 just installed today.

Went to Map Tile Servers

8 Historic UK

Located map with Tile Type Historic 1

Switched to both the tile types 2 & 3

Zoom 12

nothing to see on types 2 & 3

Advice please.

Please ignore this posting as I had incorrect data loaded.
All fixed however I was under the impression that the Map Tile Servers would include access to 1910 maps.??

Post subject: Re: Map Source Provider
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2016 19:04 

jackdrake wrote:
8 Historic UK

There is also an updated collection of Map Tile settings. It comes with the 2.6 delivery email and is also available for download from my website.

2.6 users will benefit from the enhanced naming scheme and will also be able to access the 25 inch map (ca 1:2500).

The standard "Historic UK" provider (formerly "8 Historic UK") has two entries for the 6 inch map (ca 1:10600). The one marked "6 inch (2)" (as presented in the 2.6 client) is the one currently working. Don't know what happened to the original URL.

The 25 inch map has been put into a provider wrapper of its own, due to the many different addresses for this map. Access is by county. At the moment only parts of southern England and parts of Scotland are available. There are numerous holes. Some holes can be filled with "England Holes" or "England Holes 2". Note that 25 inch map tiles will be downloaded as partly transparent. This is a new option in the map tile client. It allows overlapping queries, to different server addresses, like two counties plus hole filler.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2016 20:39 

geophil wrote:
jackdrake wrote:
8 Historic UK

There is also an updated collection of Map Tile settings. It comes with the 2.6 delivery email and is also available for download from my website.

2.6 users will benefit from the enhanced naming scheme and will also be able to access the 25 inch map (ca 1:2500).

The standard "Historic UK" provider (formerly "8 Historic UK") has two entries for the 6 inch map (ca 1:10600). The one marked "6 inch (2)" (as presented in the 2.6 client) is the one currently working. Don't know what happened to the original URL.

The 25 inch map has been put into a provider wrapper of its own, due to the many different addresses for this map. Access is by county. At the moment only parts of southern England and parts of Scotland are available. There are numerous holes. Some holes can be filled with "England Holes" or "England Holes 2". Note that 25 inch map tiles will be downloaded as partly transparent. This is a new option in the map tile client. It allows overlapping queries, to different server addresses, like two counties plus hole filler.

I have installed the Dec 2015 update.
Thank You
Is there any chance that you can add the following site
http://maps.northyorks.gov.uk/connect/a ... toric_maps
in particular the 1907 to 1924 mapping.

These are the ones that I have used in the past obtained via a program called Mosaic contact mosaic@muttons.co.uk.
It worked fine until NY council moved the mapping to a new URL.
I am trying to communicate with Mutton and will let you know.
He had also developed an enhancement to sharpen up the graphics.

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2016 09:39 

I had a quick glance at the protocol. It appears to be neither WMS nor Map Tiles, so, unfortunately, TransDEM does not support it. (There are a quite a number of protocols around for raster maps via the Web, some of them even specific to one particular website.)