TransDEM Forum

TransDEM News, Support, Hints and Resources
It is currently 12 May 2024 23:08

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2014 17:10 

G'day COKON,

I have read your problems above with interest and noticed something that might be causing your problem after I clicked on the thumbnails above to see the larger image. I noticed that your Map Tile window (displaying a blank/black 'workspace') would be exactly as I would expect it to be under the circumstances. You see, if you look at the input boxes to the right of the 'workspace', in the "Coordinates Panel", these boxes are blank and without any information here, the Map Tile Server has no way of knowing where to look for the tiles you want. It is my experience, that without any such data, the 'workspace' displays a black/blank area. You should try providing some data here. The easiest way to do this, if you have a map of some sort open in your main TransDEM 'workspace', is to simply click on the left hand pointing arrow located to the left of the "Coordinates Panel" and this will automatically place the coordinates of the middle point of the main TransDEM 'workspace' into these boxes, which will then 'force' the Map Tile Server into action. Alternatively, if the coordinates of the map in the main TransDEM 'workspace' are 'inappropriate' then you can manually provide this data, yourself. Until you place some coordinates in these boxes, you will get nothing from the Map Tile Server...

Jerker {:)}

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2016 17:30 

I have the exact same issue as Cokon.

The links open fine in browser but nothing from any tile server through TransDem.

I am running TransDem as admin.

I tried it with both firewall and antivirus totally turned off.

I have placed long lat cords into the appropriate spaces.

I am running what I believe are the most current settings file "map tile provider settings dec 15".

Nothing seems to be working.

My screens look exactly like the screens Cokon posted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2016 00:34 

G'day PHENICUS,

...despite all that I said above, which still applies, it is always possible (and I should have mentioned this there), that you are suffering from the issue discussed in this thread...

Google Maps Not Working With Map Tile Servers?

Jerker {:)}

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2016 07:50 

Thank you for the reply Jerker.

I tried making that adjustment to "202".

I really think that the issue is with that/those part/s of the program not connecting to the internet.

As I noted I have tried this with both the firewall and antivirus completely turned off but even then i get the
"Error sending HTTP request.
Possible cause:
- No connection to the Internet.
- Unknown or invalid URL."

Error message in the WMS.

And I still just get the black screen for Map Tile Server.

I don't know what else to check to see why it is not connecting to the internet.

TransDem WMS-Failed to connect to internet error msg

TransDem Map Tile Server- Black screen

WMS direct link- Failed to connect

Map Tile Server direct link- works fine

Is there some other area that i can be checking? Even though I have TransDem set to be allowed by my firewall to make all incomming and outgoing communications and even though i have tried both the WMS and Map Tile Server options with my firewall and antivirus completely turned off, i still believe that TransDem is not connecting to the internet.

Is there some other place i should be checking? Is there any other adjustment or test that i can run to see if/why TransDem is or is not connecting to the internet?

Thanks again.

Last edited by PHENICUS on 28 Apr 2016 18:41, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2016 08:28 

For diagnostics, you can try TCPView, one of the tools in the Sysinternals suite by Mark Russinovich:
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals

TCPView will show your network connections by process, IP addresses and IP ports. TransDEM should appear, as "TranzDEM64.exe" (for the 64bit variant) and you should see TransDEM attempting to connect to some remote system on port 80. If/when it succeeds, the connection will be marked as established.

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2016 18:47 

I ran TcpView as you suggested and TransDem does not show up on the list at all :cry:

I also noted that none of the ip addresses or ports are "80".

I feel like I am so close to getting this great program to work fully but this seems to be my last sticking point.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you Doctor

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2016 09:06 

TransDEM not showing up in TCPView could mean that TransDEM is blocked by a firewall. I just tested with Windows Firewall, explicitly blocked TransDEM and got exactly your result. Keep in mind, though, that the Windows built-in firewall may not be the only firewall on your system.

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2016 15:49 

The only firewalls I have are Norton 360 and Windows 10 native firewall (which is turned off by Norton). I have each of those set to allow TransDem64.exe full access.

Here are screen shots of each of those:

Norton Firewall

Windows 10

I still believe it may be an issue/conflict with my Covenant Eyes installation which is the only application which seems to access port 80 and 443 (I will pm you with the details from TCPView which shows this). I will be contacting their support and if the issue is resolved through them I will post back here the steps taken.

I appreciate your patience. Your rapid responses. And for your obvious passion for this program and the people who use it.

Thank you Doctor.

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2016 18:41 

I have been in contact with Covenant Eyes tech support. They advised that their software takes exclusive custody of port 80 and 443 and that it blocks any other program from accessing either of those ports.

They suggested that most software has alternate ports that can be utilized when one port or another is occupied. They suggested that I request an alternate port setting and instructions from you. Alternately they suggested that if that option is not available at this time that I request that you add that functionality to future versions of your product.

Covenant Eyes tech support is the best I have ever dealt with and they would likely offer you assistance with this. If that is a path you choose please pm/email me and I will provide you with their contact info.

I have no idea if these requests/fixes are a big ask or a little ask ;)

Either way I...

Thank you Doctor

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2016 22:27 

I must admit when I am wrong and want to save you form any additional work. I have uninstalled the Covenant Eyes program. Unfortunately the issue continues, even with that program removed and ports 80 and 443 unrestricted.

TransDem64.exe is still not able to connect to the internet.

I am at a loss but I appreciate your efforts.

I will continue to monitor in hopes that another solution is offered.

Thank you Doctor

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next