TransDEM Forum

TransDEM News, Support, Hints and Resources
It is currently 22 May 2024 14:05

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Entire route disappeared
PostPosted: 20 Sep 2015 17:23 

3100 baseboard route successfully exported to TANE. Wanted to import track back into TransDEM after touch-up edits, but option was greyed out. Thought maybe it was because didn't have DEM or map loaded, but when I checked, the big DEM is gone, routes are gone (had a rough one for maps and detailed one for spine export), nothing left but the maps. Only thing I can think of is Glary Utilities, which I ran today, deletes what it calls temporary files. Is that a possibility, or do I have gremlins in my machine? I considered that, as Surveyor in TANE has been really flaky lately.

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2015 21:11 

• You can only load vector data on top of a DEM or georef raster maps as you already found out.
  • TransDEM 2.5 cannot read a route file "opened for edit" by T:ANE CM back into TransDEM because of route file format changes in T:ANE. We have to wait for TransDEM 2.6 which will be able to do this. You can, however, add vector data to the original route, generated by TransDEM. T:ANE CM has introduced a new naming concept when opening a route for edit: It adds the KUID to the exported name, which makes it easier to distinguish the original TransDEM route from the copy re-exported by CM.
  • I cannot tell you whether you may have lost your geo source files or TransDEM pre-processed files. However, I would find it quite weird if any tool or utility decided to classify TransDEM-related files as "temporary" and I would get rid of any such tool right away. I suggest to make a complete search on all disks for *.dem or .*trf files, including the recycle bin.