TransDEM Forum

TransDEM News, Support, Hints and Resources
It is currently 09 May 2024 11:35

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2015 11:43 

Hi Roland,

I seem to have hit a problem. I tried to add UTM files to a previously made TransDEM route and received the following message: Errors writing File "[UTM Overlay Objects]" Error reading .obs file.

Knowing that there may be errors with overwriting a previously made route I decided to try 'Export Independent UTM Tile'.

The files appeared in TANE/userdata/editing/scenery and when I imported the folders they showed no errors or warnings. However in CM they showed up with the error; 'Unable to load mesh file 'UTM_1000.im'. I confirmed that it was missing.

My settings show the correct location for the Trainz Mesh Importer.

I have recently installed Win 10 so I un-installed and re-installed TransDEM and re-downloaded the Trainz Mesh Importer in case some links had come adrift but the problem remains. I also tried to export the UTM files to TS12 and, again, the 'UTM_!000.im' mesh file was missing.

EDIT: I didn't delete any of my AppData when I un-installed so could there be something there which has corrupted?

Can you offer any assistance please.

Neil

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2015 21:23 

wheelsonfire wrote:
I seem to have hit a problem. I tried to add UTM files to a previously made TransDEM route and received the following message: Errors writing File "[UTM Overlay Objects]" Error reading .obs file.
The current version of TransDEM is not able to re-import a T:ANE route, due to route file format changes in T:ANE. The next version of TransDEM will solve that.

wheelsonfire wrote:
I decided to try 'Export Independent UTM Tile'.
That's a legacy function which I may not have tested sufficiently for the last few versions of TransDEM. Indeed, the mesh is not copied, but you can do that manually.

The source file for the mesh is located in:
C:\Program Files\Ziegler-Tools\UTM03\UTM_1000.im
if TransDEM is installed to the default location (64 bit version).

If you copy that to the UTM tile folder, T:ANE Content Manager should accept the asset, albeit with a warning, since the Trainz build is 2.4.

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2015 07:00 

Thanks Roland. I knew it would be a simple fix. I had tried to add a mesh from a previously made tile (within T:ANE) but I ended up with lots of errors. This time I added the mesh in the scenery folder before I imported the folders. Sweet. Thanks again.

Neil