height 120
image "thumbnail.jpg"
}
}
kind "scenery"

kuid-table
{
}

Checked several more and they all have just the same three files.

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2014 11:37 

Chris750 wrote:
Just this:

config
corpus.tga
utmkarte.texture

That looks like an error being thrown quite early in the process. One of the first sub-tasks when creating a UTM tile is the initialisation of the destination folder with the default files and the making of config.txt. After that, the next sub-task would have been the creation of the individual tile texture (which is independent of the 2D or 3D option). This, apparently, does not succeed.

My first suspicion here is that your instance of TransDEM might have a memory allocation problem. How big is your project? Are you running the 32 or 64bit version of TransDEM 2.5.*?

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2014 22:52 

Howdy; I am running 64bit on Win 7 with 8GB memory. My memory process says never more than 2gb of memory used when I check. The entire save file on TS12 when I did a CDP backup was about 120mb.

*** I did just think of something: quite often Transderm will go into NOT RESPONDING when exporting UTM, I just wait and after a while if carries on, could this be the problem?***

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2014 20:27 

Chris750 wrote:
I did just think of something: quite often Transderm will go into NOT RESPONDING when exporting UTM, I just wait and after a while if carries on, could this be the problem?
That's strange indeed. The not responding message is displayed when Windows detects that the application main thread does not update its window for a while. UTM tile creation, however, is handled by a separate worker thread (and a huge number of parallel sub worker threads and sub processes once 3D mesh generation is launched). The moment the "Abort" button in the TransDEM main window becomes active, the governing worker thread is in charge and the TransDEM main window update should not be affected. Are you working with a local data disk in your machine or one accessed via network?

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2014 22:18 

Not sure what you mean by this "Are you working with a local data disk in your machine or one accessed via network?", I am just running TD off my hard drive in my cpu. I get the NOT RESPONDING all the time with TD, whenever it is doing a large project whether UTM or raster, exporting to TS 12 etc.

Is this not normal? If so, bad install maybe?
"

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2014 18:05 

There are several tasks in TransDEM that do run in the main window thread like reading and writing most file types. These operations could trigger a temporary "not responding" message for larger files, but creating UTM tiles should not.

I assume you have been able to create a number of UTM tiles before and I assume both 2D and 3D. Do you now always get these incomplete tiles?

What you could do is to create a test route from scratch, somewhere else in the would, to obtain different UTM coordinates and therefore different folder names for UTM tiles. Something like 5 x 10 km. Create UTM tiles for the entire route. Does this work?

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2014 21:15 

I think all of the errant UTMs were in my Medicine Hat route, around 15 of them at least. For Moosonee they just didn't show up at all even though they showed when viewed in TD. I always do 3d UTM as I like it creating the hills for me.

I figured the NOT RESPONDING was just the CPU working in the background. I use to reset my CPU when this happened but have since learned to be patient.