TransDEM Forum

TransDEM News, Support, Hints and Resources
It is currently 10 May 2024 15:56

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2014 12:16 

It appears you haven't loaded the vector data. This way the route filter cannot be applied and tile creation starts in the SW corner of your rather large mask until the relatively low limit, in this case 28 tiles, is reached. Within this limit, no map data can be found for any of the tiles, therefore they are all skipped and the scenery folder remains empty.

Tile export is working in phases. The first phase analyses the mask, and if present, the vector data, to determine which tiles in the 1000m UTM grid might be created in later phases. No actual map data is checked in this phase. The second phase will then inspect the maps/orthoimages only for those tile positions that were obtained in the first phase.

Masks without vector data only make sense for smaller masks. Perhaps TransDEM should issue a more articulate warning message than "Limitation applies" in the dialogue window.

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2014 23:38 

I've managed to get UTM tiles into Trainz but only by doing a section of the route at a time.

Unfortunately, Trainz is now encountering a Taddaemon issue and crashing every time I try to open the route.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2014 19:58 

Finally! I've fixed Trianz and now have my UTM tiles on the route.

Just one question. I've only done one section of a 100 mile route so I can get my head round the process. Am I correct to think that I can add other 3D UTMs at a later date?

Thanks.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2014 09:49 

PFX72 wrote:
Finally! I've fixed Trianz and now have my UTM tiles on the route.
Glad to hear that! :D

Quote:
Just one question. I've only done one section of a 100 mile route so I can get my head round the process. Am I correct to think that I can add other 3D UTMs at a later date?
Yes, you can. But make sure to clean up the exchange folder before "opening [your route] for edit" in Trainz Content Manager.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2014 21:15 

Thanks to you and the others who helped. : )