TransDEM Forum

TransDEM News, Support, Hints and Resources
It is currently 28 Apr 2024 22:25

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2013 20:39 

Geophil,

I have created the V & T RR using UTM Tiles and using 500m. There are quite a few tiles. When I went into Trainz to import content, I had no trouble importing the route (V &T RR) but when I went to import the UTM Tiles it would only do 1 tile (UTM 11S-271-4354-SW). After I Open for Edit the UTM-11S-271-4354-SW and commit it, everything seemed fine. I then go back to the next one (UTM-11S-271-4354_SE) it doesn't show it in the scenery sub-directory any more just the UTM-11S-271-4354-SW. But it does show up when I go into the Computer-Program 86-TS2009-auran-scenery, all the UTM Tiles show up. Any help would be appreciated!!

Bruce

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2013 16:32 

I am not quite sure what the problem is. It could be two different instances of your route.

About importing the UTM tiles:

TransDEM exports all UTM tiles to the "scenery" sub-directory in the given directory path. The easiest way to import the tiles with Trainz Content Manager is to select that "scenery" folder and Content Manager should import them all.

This import action should not affect the contents of the "scenery" folder.

About the route and to open it for edit:

For the UTM tiles to appear in the route, it is important that the route in the Trainz asset data base is the same that has been updated by TransDEM with the UTM tile positions. And for this, you have to open the route for edit in Trainz Content Manager, before adding any tiles in TransDEM to it.

There is a catch: The exchange directory is usually the same for Content Manager and for TransDEM export. If you have created a route "My V & T" in TransDEM and imported it with Content Manager, it will appear as "My V & T" in Conten Manager and in Trainz Surveyor.

If you open this route for external editing in Trainz Content Manager, Content Manage inspects the export directory, and if it finds a route with the same name ("My V & T") already present, it will silently create a cryptic for a route folder and export your route to that folder where you would never guess that it hosts "My V & T". To prevent Content Manager from assigning cryptic names, delete the original TransDEM-created route before exporting the same route from Content Manager.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2013 22:38 

Geophil,

Thanks again for your help!!

I get into the scenery folder and it originally shows all the UTM Tiles to be downloaded. Trainz does not let me download all the tiles at once, I have to go in and download each one separately then I have to Open for Edit and Commit them. Could it be a setting in Trainz the reason why it will not allow me to download all the UTM files at once.

Bruce

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2013 16:27 

Did you try to select and import the entire scenery folder? (But make sure it only contains your latest UTM tiles.)

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2013 16:49 

I have a similar issue that may be relevant here:

When I copied my TS10 User Data files into TS12 then some but not all of the UTM tiles were marked by TS12 as faulty. I made them about 3 years ago, but still they should work OK in the same route for which they were made and originally imported?

Is there a solution to correcting any errors in the tiles (or the way TS12 accepts them)?

Many thanks

Peter :?:

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2013 20:52 

What's the error message in Trainz Content Manager?