TransDEM Forum

TransDEM News, Support, Hints and Resources
It is currently 27 Apr 2024 23:40

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2012 14:38 

Hello,

Before doing the possibility in my route ( under construction ), I first did an export to trainz Basic files, DEM and ground textures into a new route.

Within the export to trainz vector data ( Tracks and other splines ) I used the object kuid Track with catenary A single ( kuid 117608:60325 ( by Kenichiro ).

When the job was done, I then imported the content into trainz. The result was rather unexpected.

As you can see in the picture, the track is not visible. On the right side, I have added the complete asset to the route. This gives you a impression how the asset looks.

Is there a raison why the track is not presented? This asset is an all in one asset with track, pylons, catenary, wire.

Best regards

Kurt

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2012 07:15 

G'day Belgian46,

I know this is one of those 'stupid questions', Kurt but it needs to be asked...

...have you checked to see if the track isn't 'hiding' under the ground?...

Jerker {:)}

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2012 12:09 

Hello Jerker,

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, I did, even twice, just to make sure. The track isn't visible.

I also tried it with Kenichiro's 117608:60318 ( track with catenary A double ) and again with the same result.

Pylons, wire, catenary visible, but no track.

I have some difficulties placing catenaries, pylons, wires into my route. And Kenichiro's asset could be a help for me.

I first wanted to use the replace assets tool within trainz, but no luck, the replacement couldn't be done.

The HP concrete track could be replaced by for example 1 Track dusty, but the track with catenary A single/double was not accepted.

Transdem was my only option left. I would have deleted the Hp concrete track in my route and by using Transdem, I would have placed track with catenary A single.

Until this problem occured...

Now, I went back to my drawing board, and if I can't find a solution for the catenary, pylons, wire problem and others ( like making assets myself ( my drawing skills are just to limited ) then this realistic tram/train route will come to an end. I will then change to small non-realistic dieselroutes.

Best regards

Kurt

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2012 18:17 

Hello,

With Kenichiro's asset, I don't get the expected result.

However, I have found another asset, with the same concept.

Kuid =99999:79531

And the result is:

Image :D

Now I only have to find a way to get the pantograph, just under the wire. ;)

Best regards

Kurt