TransDEM Forum

TransDEM News, Support, Hints and Resources
It is currently 27 Apr 2024 18:00

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2012 14:18 

Hello,

Within the Export to trainz vector data ( Track and other splines ) window, I have added an object kuid by using the enter kuid window.

This added object kuid did also receive a description.

I noticed however that my description is not correct.

Is there a way to remove an added object kuid or a way to change the description?

Best regards,

Kurt

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2012 07:28 

G'day Belgian46,

I think, Kurt, this is one for Roland to 'get involved' with. As far as I can tell, there is no 'remove' function or any way to alter the existing data should it need to be. Perhaps this is something Roland might consider for a future release of the program...

jerker {:)}

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2012 08:41 

Indeed, there is no remove function at the moment. I'll think about it. The main problem is that there isn't really any space for an additional button in the dialog.

What you could do is to erase the settings altogether. One way to do this is to launch an older version of TransDEM.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2012 11:50 

Hello Jerker, Roland,

Thank you for your replies.

Before launching an older version, I went back to the export to trainz vector data window.

Why? Well Roland, in your answer, you wrote ... erase the settings altogether.

In the export to trainz vector data window, I had never used the button reset before.

There were only a few kuids I had added, so let me see what the reset button does.

And yes, just by clicking on the reset button, only the kuids -1:100673 and 523:15523 are left in the list. All others are disappeared. :)

However, this doesn't mean, that you did a permanent deletion of the list. When you close down the export to trainz vector data window, and reopen it, the total list ( in my case with the error in the description box ) is back again.

Best regards

Kurt

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2012 20:53 

Kurt,

yes, you are right, I forgot about the "Reset" button. It clears customization of any parameters handled by the current dialogue and won't affect any other settings.