TransDEM Forum

TransDEM News, Support, Hints and Resources
It is currently 27 Apr 2024 17:06

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2012 15:04 

Hello.
I have installed Transdem 2.2.0.1 and it works well without any crashes but I have some problems.
I follow the French tutorial posted on Transdem forum but il possible it's too old ??? http://forum.transdem.de/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=118&sid=d854ebf8bedf438079c6ef2ef669fa4f

With Google earth, I have a gap of several kilometers coordinates and I do to use the menu "GeoReference corner with map only" instead of "GeoReference google earth image"
for good coordinates. (no critical but if exist the solution.....)

After exports in Trainz 2010, I do not see the new map in the list. I must run it from the Content Manager with the menu "run in the creator mode".
I backup from the creator mode to view it in the list of maps. (no critical but if exist the solution.....)

And this is what I get (see pictures) in the map: the relief is good but not the tiles and in addition they do not follow the terrain. (critical)

I use 2010 Trainz engineers edition build 49933 (I reinstalled without add-ons and updated to be sure)

My pc configuration:
Intel core i7 920
Nvidia GTX 560 video ti driver 285.62
9 go ddr 3
window 7 home premium 64 sp1 update
Google earth 6.2.1.6014 (Trial with GE 6.1.0.5001 on other pc without success)

Thank you

Christophe

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/106234025536000476729/albums/5709733166234748225

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2012 17:17 

First of all, the colour error may be caused by "Hardware texture compression", an option in Trainz Content Manager, which is active by default. Switch it off an re-import the objects.

zygraal wrote:
I do to use the menu "GeoReference corner with map only" instead of "GeoReference google earth image"
Why? I recommend to use the automated functions wherever possible. Manual geo-referencing is always subject to error.

zygraal wrote:
and in addition they do not follow the terrain.
UTM tiles are hovering flat texture carrying objects. You can raise or lower them in Surveyor but they will remain flat. I suggest to always apply a ground texture for your TransDEM-based Trainz route, as explained in the manual. Use a cartographic maps as the source, like a Map Tile service. The ground texture will help you to find your way around and it will also be shown in the minimap.

(For a more advanced ground texture you can download topographic map clippings from Géoportail. These would then indeed require manual georeferencing.)

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2012 20:40 

Ok for the "Hardware texture compression" option, it's run now.

I re-try your suggestions.......