TransDEM Forum

TransDEM News, Support, Hints and Resources
It is currently 27 Apr 2024 21:23

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Need exporting help
PostPosted: 29 Jan 2012 23:50 

Hello. I am running TranzDEM 2.0. Anyway, I am attempting to export my DEM but have run into a problem when it comes time to export the map tiles.

When I click the button a dialog box comes up that says:

Inconsistent filenames and/or missing files for one or more map folders:
C:/programfiles(x86)/n3vgames/ts12/userdata/editing
These maps will not be available in the selection list.

First of all, that isnt where the map files are as when they were made, they went to my DEM folder.
Secondly, what does this error mean and how do I fix it. I think it is the reason the map tiles aren't showing up in game.

Thanks
Alex

Post subject: Re: Need exporting help
PostPosted: 30 Jan 2012 06:03 

G'day jadebullet,

Roland may well 'pop in' later to correct or confirm my suspicions, Alex but when you say .."...map tiles..."... are you referring to UTM Tiles? If this is the case, then the most likely explanation for their failure to show in Trainz is that, like TS 2010, TS 2012 requires that each individual UTM TILE MUST be committed OF IT'S OWN ACCORD. It is not sufficient to merely export them along with the route. They must be (to use the term in the instructions) '"explicitly" committed, otherwise, Trainz does not know where to find them. I suspect, also that this is the cause of your error, for, as I understand it, TransDEM looks to Trainz to source the location of the various parts of your route in order to allow for updates and changes and without knowing where to look for the UTM Tiles, it is having a hard time doing so...

Jerker {:)}

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2012 09:29 

So what is the error message that I am getting when I try to export the UTM tiles? (I am following the video tutorial.)

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2012 15:15 

The message itself is just informational. It means that some files or sub-directories in the export folder do not comply with the structures expected by TransDEM. It should be harmless enough unless you are expecting a particular route name which does not show up.

Sent from Fianarantsoa, Madagascar

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2012 04:36 

Oh okay then. Well, it seems to be successful in any case. I am just wondering though. What do you have to do to get the UTM tiles to show up in game? They exported properly but they just don't show up on the route. Is there a trick to perform in game or something?

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2012 09:51 

You need to import them into Trainz. Content Manager - File- Import. Go to directory where they were saved, usually The DIR where the trainz program is located, under User Data - Editing. Then the name of the DIR you saved under. Just pick that DIR then click OK