TransDEM Forum

TransDEM News, Support, Hints and Resources
It is currently 28 Apr 2024 06:37

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2011 06:01 

I am working on a large, mountainous route (328km) and have used TranzDem to export the track spline. In Surveyor, the Transdem track layer is there, but the tracks themselves aren't. I've tried checking and unchecking the box for attaching tracks to follow terrain- no help. I have also tried using different KUIDs for the spline. Is there a size limit to the amount of track that TransDem can export?

The track file is 128kb and is present in the route folder...

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :)

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2011 09:19 

Do the spline control point circles show up in Surveyor?

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2011 09:42 

No control circles at all. Nothing. I'm trying to figure out layers- that part is new to me. In the Layers tab, I have it as Route-layer, followed by Transdem-vector in the top window; session-layer by itself in the bottom window. Do I need to do something special to the layer to make it visible?

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2011 10:27 

Even with a non-existent KUID or a different layer the control circles should show up.

The leaves another possible cause for error: the route itself. I suppose you were already editing the route in Surveyor before you added track splines in TransDEM?

If yes, you inadvertently may have exported the track splines to the wrong copy of the route. To let TransDEM add splines to an existing route you have to "open <the route> for editing" in Trainz Content Manager first. However, this only works as expected if the destination folder does not already contain a route with the same name, e.g. the one exported by TransDEM in the first place. In that case, CM will still export the route, but silently assign a new cryptic name to it.

To be sure that both CM and TransDEM talk to the same copy of the route, remove any duplicates in the "editing" folder, before exporting with CM.