TransDEM Forum

TransDEM News, Support, Hints and Resources
It is currently 27 Apr 2024 15:45

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2024 18:29 

Having finally taken the plunge and purchased Zusi 3, thoughts are turning towards looking at the route building process though I did founder when I attempted it in Zusi 2.

Obviously basic Transdem usage not an issue as I have plenty of experience in Trainz, but looking through the forum tutorials doesn't seem much on the processes with Zusi. Can't see much in the Transdem instructions either.

In Trainz you just open the imported route and start laying out the trackplan along the line on the map, which immediately takes into account the terrain and height of your starting location. Need to understand how you reconcile what you need to do in the Zusi editor with the work done in Transdem.

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2024 19:11 

BigVern wrote:
Need to understand how you reconcile what you need to do in the Zusi editor with the work done in Transdem.

I'm afraid only a small part of the nearly 900 page German Zusi manual has been translated into English. In particular, the 120 page tutorial on building a route with all its prototypical elements: "Bau einer Übungsstrecke" (Chapter 3, from page 178 in the German edition) by Michael Poschmann would be helpful here.

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2024 22:15 

geophil wrote:
BigVern wrote:
Need to understand how you reconcile what you need to do in the Zusi editor with the work done in Transdem.

I'm afraid only a small part of the nearly 900 page German Zusi manual has been translated into English. In particular, the 120 page tutorial on building a route with all its prototypical elements: "Bau einer Übungsstrecke" (Chapter 3, from page 178 in the German edition) by Michael Poschmann would be helpful here.

Thanks Roland. Google Translate will be my friend when I get time to look at it.

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2024 12:45 

Well at present I cannot get the Gleisplan Editor to run at all. Found it in the 32 bit folder but looks as if the Aerosoft version is missing, or Steam failed to install, some vital files as the main Zusi 3 in 32 bit won't run either (64 bit is fine).

Have asked for help on the main Zusi forum but if anyone here knows of a solution, would appreciate any help that can be offered.

At this stage all I want to do is play around with some upscaled model or miniature railway plans to learn the processes.