TransDEM Forum

TransDEM News, Support, Hints and Resources
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 20:12

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Welcome
PostPosted: 09 Jan 2011 18:33 

The forum went online yesterday and a few long term TransDEM users have already expressed their support, thanks a lot.

One of the goals of this place I have in mind is a collection of geo data sources suitable for TransDEM. Unfortunately, much of the information gathered at the UKTrainz forum over the years has been lost and we need to start over. I have a few in my bookmarks list, more than there are in the TransDEM docs. We don't need a fancy wiki or blog for this, an ordinary forum with a bit of structure should be good enough.

For this forum I have not enabled the Personal Message feature, but forum email will work. PMs need additional administration and there is already more than enough admin work for this new place. Most important for long term stability will be regular and automatic backups which will be performed in the background.

Post subject: Re: Welcome
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2011 11:35 

I could start out with congratulation our brothers on re-estabilishing the forums again. Let's hope it will live long, and prosper :)

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2011 01:12 

I of course am a new user but will be a die hard user :D

I am having quite a bit of fun with it so far, especially since I had the epiphany and remembered wire mesh mode :oops:

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2011 05:39 

I'm wondering if I can start a Russian GIS Resources thread in Resouses. Or is it only Administrators who could start such threads? Wish you only the best luck on the forums Herr Ziegler.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2011 07:47 

Damien_Zhar wrote:
I'm wondering if I can start a Russian GIS Resources thread in Resouses. Or is it only Administrators who could start such threads?
Yes you can. The Resources forum is open for everyone. But I would like you to use the same caption style for your thread: "Geo Data - Russia".

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2011 14:11 

Thank you, I will eventually.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2011 14:11 

Hello all. Very nice job on TransDEM Phil. Well documented for someone like me, who two weeks ago I knew nothing of what a DEM was. Today, I am currently working on the Philadelphia PA Rail System. I have always loved riding the various forms of transport in our city, so now I get to finally build it. I am still having problems, most of which originated from me wanting to rush in without reading the manuals. I will post eventually asking for help, but wanted to offer my noobish assistance if there is anything I can do. For the record, my Trainz experience as a whole is still new, I have yet to learn to reskin or anything like that, I have just been riding everyone else's creations and tinkering with some route building. I have obtained a NED DEM for the Philly Tri State area which I finally figured out was the cause of my maps not displaying elevations (I thought one DEM fit all lmao). Just sharing my trials and errors along the way. Again, very nice job!

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2011 14:33 

T8DaGr8 Good to have you on board. The whole world seems to be united under the Trainz TransDem banner from Russia to the USA, from New Zealand, to Ireland. Thanks to Herr Ziegler and our curiosity.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2011 18:43 

Congratulations to all for this new and what will be exciting Forum, looking forward to re inventing my project which I got lost with when my track failed to export.
All of us ...keep up the good work

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2011 18:07 

Hello everybody! Just joined the forum today. I have had TransDEM for a while now but I am only just beginning to explore it's possibilities. I have successfully, at last, managed to get a workable terrain and map overlay in to TS2010 surveyor using TransDEM and OS Landform (UK) data!

Cheers,

Rob.