TransDEM Forum

TransDEM News, Support, Hints and Resources
It is currently 27 Apr 2024 16:11

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2024 11:06 

I think I might have accidentally pressed a hotkey or something. But I have encountered that hellish situation, just like a few months ago where the progress bar disappears and becomes invisible. I have searched every function in the program (2.6), and cannot restore it.

I would appreciate a simpler way to restore it, rather than having to reinstall the program, like last time. I tend to actually find it quite useful.

What I'm referring to is the one that used to be visible at the bottom centre of the interface, along the horizontal white bar, below all the purple square edges. It's almost directly in line with those 4 pink boxes at the top such as export, UTMs, splines, and help/documentation. It's the one that shows the progress of UTM and route generation, regardless of how long it takes. This also creates an absence of an option to abort the generation, regardless of how slow it is.

And just now, those four purple options in the top centre have disappeared completely. I cannot find a way to restore them.

And I should mention that I consistently create bogus content folders to attempt to create a new route in. This is because there are always errors associated with the standard TRS22 content folder. This could be contributing towards to the KUID related(?) conflicts with the UTM tiles, causing ones to render from various locations in the same tiny space in the game.

But I might as well give up. Because I am never going to get consistent UTMs in this game ever again. I have been trying for many weeks. It continues to frustrate me. All of them look like scattered jigsaw pieces, as described in the 'Randomisation' thread. I read about the KUID issues, and tried changing the values to no avail.

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2024 12:01 

So a simple remedy for a minor annoyance of scrolling down to access the TRS22 folder seems to made a difference. I reassigned the TRS22 folder (whatever it's called) in the hidden 'Appdata' folder, and merged the contents into a new TRS22 folder with a number prefix to bring it near the top of the documents folder.

I then reassigned the folders in TRS22 content manager, and ran TransDEM with the following UTM export parameters in this image:

Image8Eb

The UTMs seem to render clearly now in the portion on the route covered by them, without any obvious interference. But will they render like this subsequently? Time will have to tell.

As for the inconvenience of the progress bar being visible, this ordeal was enabled by running the 2.6.6.1 update.

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2024 20:42 

SAR704 wrote:
I think I might have accidentally pressed a hotkey or something. But I have encountered that hellish situation, just like a few months ago where the progress bar disappears and becomes invisible. I have searched every function in the program (2.6), and cannot restore it.
I am not sure what you are referring to. If for some reason a tool-bar or the status-bar have gone missing, you can restore the TransDEM main window to its default settings via the Windows Registry: regedit.exe.

Delete this key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Rolandsoft\TransDEM\Workspace
Handle with caution!

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2024 05:24 

I've tweaked registry values before. But thanks for the mention. Not much different to using a knife.