TransDEM Forum

TransDEM News, Support, Hints and Resources
It is currently 27 Apr 2024 22:16

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2023 00:57 

I am attempting to generate a new Trainz route, but I have encountered an issue with the DEM data:

When compared against the historical topographic map, you can see that the DEM contains a number of manmade features (in this instance, a depressed highway) that did not exist during the time period I am attempting to depict. This presents a serious impediment to the entire project, as many of these elevated/depressed highways were built upon the abandoned railroad rights-of-way in my Trainz route.

While it is possible to painstakingly remove these manmade features with the terrain tools in Trainz Surveyor, I am curious if TransDEM itself offers any sort of functionality which might aid me in altering/removing them?

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2023 11:46 

We have the Triangle Networks (TIN) in TransDEM. I wouldn't say it's easier than in Trainz Surveyor, it's a very different approach and there is a bit of a leaning curve. Tutorial 11 in the TransDEM main manual might be useful as a starter, as it addresses a similar issue, pg 168 in the current edition. An intro to TINs, related tools and functionality begins at pg 28 in this manual.