TransDEM Forum

TransDEM News, Support, Hints and Resources
It is currently 14 May 2024 12:34

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: TransDem and TS 12
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2011 13:13 

Well it appears and the key word being "appears" the maps created in TransDem for 2010 can in fact be imported directly into TS 12 without much of an issue.

I just put on TS 12, and decided I would try it. So I created a new map from one of my DEM's along with rasters and ortho photos and exported it to its own folder. I then imported directly into TS 12 and the only issue I see is all of the UTM tiles have 2 warnings, "required tag category class was missing and has been set the default" and "required container thumbnails is missing" neither of which prevents the UTM tiles from being imported and seen in surveyor.

Now I have not by any means tested full functionality, but just a really quick and dirty test. One thing I mentioned above, I have TransDem set the output to Trainz 2010 style maps. I would imagine this is important because earlier versions might not be to TS 12s liking…

I'll do some further testing in the area of laying splines in a day or two and report back on how it does.

One thing I can sure tell you, TS 12 seems to import a whole lot faster. It may be because there isn't a lot of built-in content, but it just imported 300 to 400 UTM tiles really quickly…

Post subject: Re: TransDem and TS 12
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2011 12:50 

Presumably the Transdem terrain textures display correctly, i.e. TS12 sees them as native content?

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2011 17:48 

Really? TransDEM ground textures as built-in content? Are you sure?

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2011 21:51 

geophil wrote:

Sorry I meant content that doesn't need to run in compatability mode, whatever the current terminology is for that!

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2011 00:27 

BigVern wrote:
geophil wrote:

Sorry I meant content that doesn't need to run in compatability mode, whatever the current terminology is for that!

You would say the content runs in Native Mode then, Native Mode is the correct term to use.

Cheers

Damien

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2011 09:49 

Freshly created TransDEM routes should not require Compatibly Mode in Trainz at all. They only use simple ground textures and UTM tile textures. Very basic texture assets without any form of transparency, neither alpha sampling nor alpha blending, the latter being deprecated since TS2009.

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2011 03:47 

It appears some of the textures were built-in, because when I went to import them it asked me if I wanted to overwrite, I selected yes and it looks like 12 of 20 for some reason.

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2011 04:05 

geophil wrote:
Freshly created TransDEM routes should not require Compatibly Mode in Trainz at all. They only use simple ground textures and UTM tile textures. Very basic texture assets without any form of transparency, neither alpha sampling nor alpha blending, the latter being deprecated since TS2009.

Yeah other than the two warnings for the UTM tiles "required tag category class was missing and has been set the default" and "required container thumbnails is missing" all the maps I've tried work great...

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2011 07:49 

Can only assume one of the route builders who submitted content for this version, "forgot" to run the Transdem texture removal routine... :shock:

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2011 10:25 

But shouldn't some intelligent Trainz filter prevent a user from uploading foreign content to the DLS?