TransDEM Forum

TransDEM News, Support, Hints and Resources
It is currently 11 May 2024 08:27

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Re: TransDem and TS 12
PostPosted: 23 Apr 2011 18:11 

To be honest Roland, I think you would have to ask N3V what has happened and why it appears at least some of your textures made it into a retail product release!

So far as I know none of these "new" routes came from the DLS, they were commissioned by N3V for the new version. Perhaps someone with more inside knowledge could clarify that.

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2011 18:29 

BigVern wrote:
To be honest Roland, I think you would have to ask N3V what has happened and why it appears at least some of your textures made it into a retail product release!
I will.

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2011 21:04 

geophil wrote:
But shouldn't some intelligent Trainz filter prevent a user from uploading foreign content to the DLS?

You would've figured, but we are talking about the DLS :lol:

As far as them not contacting you, I think that's normal practice. They included an asset that I had modified and it was on the DLS in 2010 and the only way I found out about it was when I went to my content tab in content manager and noticed it was there, knowing I hadn't loaded it or download it, I hovered over it and it said it was built-in…

No e-mail, no seeking permission, nothing…

Now I know that's somewhat different because mine was on the DLS by my own hand, I just did a search on the black pages and there doesn't appear to be anything listed under the word TransDem. So I wouldn't think that they would have had it.

I'm thinking what happened was that someone used it building a route that was built in, and somehow those got bundled up with that route. I really don't know what the remedy would be, and believe me I didn't want to in any way start an argument between two of my favorite software designers :D

I definitely hope you guys can work it out peacefully and everybody can be happy…