TransDEM Forum

TransDEM News, Support, Hints and Resources
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 11:00

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2017 16:48 

I've finally managed to get the primary 3D placement and texturing done on my "Kovdor" Russian branch line (so I might actually release a route this year).

I've used the Surveyor asset replacement tool to change any residual Transdem textures to a neutral grass texture. However... I recall from previous occasions this still leaves the route looking for the Transdem texture set even though no longer present. This inevitably leads to the howls on the forum from people who think something is missing (or the route has errors) and don't bother reading the bold type in the readme either, where I've warned about the issue.

So just wondering what extra step(s) I need to take to ensure the route is free of any Transdem texture reference?

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2017 17:54 

There's a built-in function in TransDEM to remove the TransDEM ground textures. You'll find it under the main menu, "Trainz" tab, "Remove Ground Textures" command. As usual, route has be opened for edit with Trainz Content Manager. The function will remove the standard set, a specific texture KUID or a list of texture KUIDs specified in a file, e.g. the TransDEM ortho-image textures. If a TransDEM texture is the only remaining texture for a particular ground vertex, the default orange/grey grid texture will be used as the replacement.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2017 20:30 

Thanks Roland, that was the step I was missing. Currently going through the route applying superelevation, so one that's complete I'll eliminate the Transdem references.

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2018 20:18 

geophil wrote:
There's a built-in function in TransDEM to remove the TransDEM ground textures. You'll find it under the main menu, "Trainz" tab, "Remove Ground Textures" command. As usual, route has be opened for edit with Trainz Content Manager. The function will remove the standard set, a specific texture KUID or a list of texture KUIDs specified in a file, e.g. the TransDEM ortho-image textures. If a TransDEM texture is the only remaining texture for a particular ground vertex, the default orange/grey grid texture will be used as the replacement.

I've tried this, to remove the map(s) that overlays the ground in TANE, but they are still there, any suggestions more than welcome.

Regards

Steve

ps

What a fantastic bit of software!!!

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2018 21:17 

Won't work yet with a T:ANE SP2 route, I'm afraid, due to the changes in Trainz route file formats (now per baseboard for .gnd, .obs and .trk plus some new files and a few other obstacles). You should get an error in TransDEM when trying to apply the ground texture removal function to a T:ANE SP2 route (which must be opened for edit in T:ANE Content Manager, of course). I'm still analysing and adapting to those changes, with some progress made meanwhile, but it is slow and will take time.

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2018 07:11 

geophil wrote:
Won't work yet with a T:ANE SP2 route, I'm afraid, due to the changes in route Trainz file formats (now per baseboard for .gnd, .obs and .trk plus some new files and a few other obstacles). You should get an error in TransDEM when trying to apply the ground texture removal function to a T:ANE SP2 route (which must be opened for edit in T:ANE Content Manager, of course). I'm still analysing and adapting to those changes, with some progress made meanwhile, but it is slow and will take time.

No Problem, I'll just carry on enjoying having a play :)

Steve