TransDEM Forum

TransDEM News, Support, Hints and Resources
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 13:12

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: World Origin
PostPosted: 16 Mar 2016 01:38 

I have made a route with Trans-dem and imported into T:ane. My question is when I check a coordinate in Google Earth and check in in my route it is off. The coordinate in my world origin in in Virginia somewhere. I am building a route in West Virginia. Is there a way I can reset The W.O. to coronate with my area. Thank you in advance. :x

Post subject: Re: World Origin
PostPosted: 16 Mar 2016 17:31 

There is a bug in T:ANE which resets the World Origin geographic coordinates to the default of the selected Trainz region. TransDEM 2.6 is aware of this bug and refers to the TransDEM info file instead which has a copy of the proper coordinates. Open that info file in a text editor and check against your Google Earth readings.

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2016 20:03 

Where do I find this file, Is it in TransDem or T:ane, and can I reset mine? If so how do I reset the W.O. Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2016 21:58 

The info file is one of the files TransDEM creates when generating a route for Trainz, in the route folder.
It's called <route name>_transdem_info.txt

As you will import the whole route folder with Content Manager, the info file will be included. And when you open it in CM for editing later, the info file will be exported as well.

I'm not sure whether you will be able to restore the proper geographic coordinates for the WO in Surveyor. It may not be possible because of that bug. But for TransDEM purposes, the info file will suffice.

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2016 05:33 

I guess I should have told you that the world origin was suppose to be fixed in the last update, so if I go to the W.O. in surveyor and replace the numbers with the ones in the info.txt and save will it reset my W.O. to the correct info. Thanks in advance.