TransDEM Forum

TransDEM News, Support, Hints and Resources
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 20:49

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Faulty in CM
PostPosted: 22 Jan 2015 06:16 

I tried to install the transdem ground textures in CM. After installing using V4, the status shows modified, faulty. I'm using the new download version Tranz. :(

Post subject: Re: Faulty in CM
PostPosted: 22 Jan 2015 19:06 

Yes. New versions of the standard and the ortho-image texture sets are in the making. T:ANE has changed some rules. The new texture version will comply with these changes and have separate images for the thumbnail and the texture proper.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2015 04:56 

Thanks for the reply, will be waiting with bated breath. I'm still doing other tasks like getting dem and all that good stuff. Should I wait for the final version before I start all this proses?

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2015 12:36 

The update is now available. It affects the texture sets only, not the TransDEM software itself.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2015 15:24 

G'day geophil,

...I have just downloaded and installed these new updates, Roland, so I must thank you, once and again, for your unwavering 'dedication' to the program. However, I must confess that, after downloading, extracting and then opening the update setup file, I was somewhat "perturbed' to be confronted with the following dialogue screen...

...despite being absolutely certain that I had downloaded the version intended for a 32 bit system. To be sure I had made the correct choice, I downloaded the version from the website definitely marked for the 64 bit version of Windows, downloaded and extracted it and was surprised to see the exact same screen. I decided to continue with this 'install' but was immediately thwarted by the proper "bit detection" and the update refused to install. I then went back to the first update I had downloaded and it installed without any problems whatsoever. My copy of Trainz TS12 updated the new texture files without any problems, either...

...by the way, that is 'yours truly' in right hand side of that image, back in the days when I worked the signalbox 'hiding' behind the dialogue box. That signalbox no longer exists where it stands there and I was one of the three signallers who worked it before it was decommissioned (but regrettably, was not rostered on duty for it's last shift)...

Jerker {:)}

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2015 16:04 

:oops: Thanks, Garry.

You installed the correct patch. But it carried the wrong caption. The two patches are quite similar. I created the one for 64bit first, and then made the few technical modifications for 32bit. Apparently, I missed the two text strings. Now fixed.

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2015 10:32 

G'day geophil,

...I figured that was all that had "gone awry", here. I just though I ought to bring the matter to your attention. You will also be pleased to learn, Roland, that I have successfully installed the new texture sets into the copy of TransDEM I keep on my laptop and installed them into the TS 2009 copy of Trainz that it carries, without incident or protest in both cases...

Jerker {:)}

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2015 21:23 

Thank you sir, got the new files installed and they are showing good in CM. :D