TransDEM Forum

TransDEM News, Support, Hints and Resources
It is currently 28 Apr 2024 21:57

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Not sure how I did this
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2012 22:09 

Good day; I have a bit of a problem. I noticed yesterday that I had some "double files' in the content manager. There are 32 files, instead of 20. These are the TransDEM20 files. The double files have one file that has been modified (green triangle) and one file that says it's obsolete. I saw this yesterday, and tried to delete the doubles, but could not. Today I said to heck with it and uninstalled TS12. After installing TS12 again, I installed the ground textures and the doubles returned. When I uninstalled TS12, I did not save anything. When I look at the content installed today it only shows the normal 20 files. I'm guessing this is not a big problem. I just wanted to check with you to make sure. Sorry for the trouble, I'm still new at this. I spent next to no time with TS12 before I started reading about your product. My main goal is to make my own route, not drive around on others. I'm almost 62, and from what I've heard, I may be in the grave before I ever finish my route! Some guys say the have been working many years at it. Are the "extra" files going to give me any problems?

Cheers.......Rick

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2012 09:50 

It's not a problem. TS12 comes with some of my TransDEM ground textures as built-in content, accidentally. These are the version 2 textures which are not fully compliant with TS12. When you install the TransDEM ground textures version 3, as delivered with the TransDEM package and intended for TS12, you end up with 32 texture objects, but only the 20 version 3 textures will actually be used.

(I guess that one of the TS12 built-in routes, created with TransDEM, didn't have all its TransDEM ground textures removed, before being submitted to N3V/Auran.)

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2012 17:26 

OK, Thank you. It's just that I never saw all 32 before. Yeah, the obsolete ones are version 2.

Cheers......Rick