TransDEM Forum

TransDEM News, Support, Hints and Resources
It is currently 28 Apr 2024 21:18

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2012 14:31 

Following upload of my latest route to the DLS (KUID 30024:100068 ), had a number of comments on the N3V forum about missing assets, which turned out to be the Transdem textures. Now I distinctly remember running the utility from within Transdem to remove the textures once the route was properly textured and I ran the "Remove Missing Asset" command on the route within Surveyor. However it appears the route is still looking for them. Have I missed a step or is there a problem with the process?

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2012 18:39 

Are you sure that you applied the texture removal function to the finished route? If an older instance of the route with the same name already existed in the common export/import folder, you may have selected that one instead, because Trainz Content Manager assigns cryptic names to routes opened for edit in such a case.

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2012 21:11 

There was just the one version of the route, though you now have me wondering should I have manually opened it for Edit prior to running the utility?

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2012 08:45 

BigVern wrote:
There was just the one version of the route, though you now have me wondering should I have manually opened it for Edit prior to running the utility?
Then it was most probably the one originally generated by TransDEM. Make sure to delete or move it before adjusting the finished route. And yes, since TRS2006 introduced the new Content Manager concept and the encapsulated Trainz database, all external manipulation requires an "Open for edit" call beforehand and a "commit" call afterwards.